Do you love to solve puzzles?
Do you enjoy taking an active role in a team of creative developers?
Do you thrive when working on diverse tasks?
Dash Computer Solutions is looking for a full stack web developer to join our team immediately. We're a small software company located in downtown Montreal that is responsible for the creation of student informaton systems and the complex master schedules used by high schools throughout Quebec. If you're looking for a job that will really engage your mind, this is the perfect job for you!
"But it's not all fun and games, is it?"
Responsibilities throughout the year include:
"Why should I apply to work at Dash?"
- Designing, coding, and improving existing and new features to ensure that the user experience is intuitive and user-friendly (PHP/JS/CSS)
- Working with the UI/UX design team to implement and refine their vision, ensuring cross-browser compatibility and performance
- Working with the C++ team to provide API design specs and test performance and accuracy
- Writing test cases and managing test automation tools
- Configuring and maintaining test and production Windows server environments (Apache/IIS)
- Maintaining FTP servers for continuous and secure sevice
- Documenting your own and legacy code
- Collaborating on delivery and implementation
- Providing support for other developers on the team
- Updating the team with progress milestones and/or delays
- Participating in outside-the-box thinking to meet challenges and requests
- Contributing to continual improvement by suggesting improvements to user interface, software architecture or new technologies
- Working with schools to create master schedules for multiple high schools (logical puzzle)
"Am I qualified for this position?"
- To be involved in all aspects of the design process from concept formation, to design, programming and launch
- To work with a team of developers and researchers committed to finding new ways of solving problems
- To have flexible working hours
- Generous paid vacation
- Office near Berri-UQAM metro for an easy commute
- Diverse professional development paths
- Health, life, and disability insurance benefits
Candidates should also have some of the following:
- Experience with web technologies (PHP, JS, Jquery, CSS, HTML, SQL)
- Ability to communicate in English or French. (Preferably, both)
- Strong analytic, logic, and math skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong self-management skills
- Knowledge of a PHP framework (Preferably Laravel)
- Experience with Unit Testing
- Knowledge of C++
- Proficient use of version control with workflows like feature branching
- A keen interest in and ability to quickly learn new tools, languages and technologies
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Love for playing ping pong, puzzles, and/or Settlers of Catan
Interested candidates are invited to visit the website and complete our application form
, and send their cover letter, curriculum vitae, and test results to email@example.com
Recent graduates should also include high school, CEGEP, and university transcripts.
Salary based on education and experience.
Applicants must have a valid work visa for Quebec.
The application deadline is November 16, 2018.